Uncontested Divorce is by far the fastest, easiest and least expensive way to file for divorce in Will County or one of the surrounding cities. However, an uncontested divorce requires that you and your spouse are in agreement regarding all of issues related to your marriage. In other words you and your spouse must be able to make decisions regarding:
- How your property will be divided
- How your debt will be divided
- How you will handle the custody and parenting of any children.
The steps to acquiring an uncontested Joliet or Will County divorce are as follows:
- Call us at 815.729.9220 and schedule your free consultation with an experienced Joliet divorce lawyer.
- Come into one of our convenient office located in Joliet, Illinois.
- We will educate you on your options and determine whether you qualify for an uncontested divorce.
- If you qualify you will then pay the small initial retainer. After the fee is paid we will prepare the necessary paperwork and mail or email to you.
- Once you receive your paperwork you and your spouse will need to sign the appropriate document and return the signed paperwork to our offices with the remainder of your retainer.
- Once we receive your paperwork and retainer we will file your uncontested divorce action and schedule a prove-up date.
- On the prove-up date you will need to come to court and answer some simple questions. Once the prove-up has concluded you will be divorced.
Call Hamilton & Antonsen, Ltd. at 815.729.9220 today so we can help and advise you. Consultations are always free. Let us help you by making this process as easy and affordable as possible.