All on-the-job injuries are covered and are therefore compensable under Illinois Workers’ Compensation Law. An experienced Will County attorney like those at Hamilton & Antonsen, Ltd. will fight for your employee rights. Remember, to claim under Illinois Worker’s Comp., you do not have to show negligence or really, for that matter, how your injury occurred. You just have to show that it happened on the job.
Many workers in Will County suffer injuries such as:
- Back injuries (strain, bulge, herniated discs)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee injuries (sprains, acl and meniscus tears)
- Tendon injuries
- Bone fractures
- Rotator cuff tears and other shoulder injuries
- Nerve damage (ulnar neuropathy, etc.)
- Slip and fall injuries
- Injuries caused by falling objects
- Injuries caused by mechanical equipment failure
- Injuries caused by improper use/placement of support devices (ladders, scaffolds, etc.)
- Loss of vision
- Loss of hearing
- Repetitive trauma injuries (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Cubital Tunnel)
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)
- Closed-head injuries (post-concussion syndrome)
Whether you or a family suffer a work related injury, your employer-provided insurance company must provide compensation during your recovery, pay your related medical expenses, pay vocational rehabilitation costs, and pay for your permanent disability. The amount of compensation is dependent upon your weekly wage and your degree of incapacitation/disability.
Fighting Your Employer’s Insurance Carrier
In many cases, insurance companies fight against the injured making it difficult to obtain compensation benefits. Often, employers deny that an injury occurred or claim that it was not “job-related”. Employers further fight the severity of injuries and claim that medical treatment is unnecessary. To handle these complexities, you must hire a qualified Will County worker’s compensation lawyer who can fight for your rights. Employees have rights to get the maximum compensation for their work related injuries. At Hamilton & Antonsen, Ltd. our Joliet, Illinois workers’ compensation attorneys have experience in handling all types of work injury related cases. We are ready to fight for you to resolve your case effectively.